Combining food is a form of nutrition in which foods rich in protein and carbohydrates are eaten separately. In addition, the acid-base balance of the body must be optimiz through a targeted selection of foods. There are different types of mixed diets, the classic being the so-called Haysche diet. Read here whether the principle of combining foods helps with healthy weight loss.
What is food combining?
According to Dr Hay, the classic food combination goes to the American doctor Dr. Howard Hay is back. He developed this form of nutrition at the beginning of the 20th century. It is based on the ban on eating high-protein and high-carbohydrate foods during a meal.
The underlying theory: Human digestive organs would not be able to optimally utilize these nutrients if they were fed to the body simultaneously, i.e. in a single meal. This separation of protein and carbohydrate-rich foods is intend to buffer excess acids in the body that lead to obesity and symptoms such as type 2 diabetes or high blood pressure.
In Germany, the food combining was introduced by Dr. known to Ludwig Walb. Near are now various forms, such as a vegetarian variant or a combination of insulin-based foods. Unlike conventional diets, the variety of foods must be maintained throughout life as a change in diet.
This is how food combining works
According to Hay, it’s optimal to eat a high-carbohydrate diet morning and night; Protein should be consume primarily at lunchtime. Legumes are generally forbidden because they contain a lot of protein and carbohydrates. Pork is also taboo.
According to the Combination Diet, meals should consist of 70% alkalizing foods. This includes salad, vegetables and fruit. The remaining 30% should consist of foods rich in protein or carbohydrates. Fats belong to the neutral group and can be combine with all fares.
Another principle of food combining: It should be eaten with a high proportion of fibre (whole grain) so that the chyme does not linger in the intestines for too long and start to ferment. For example, a breakfast food could be whole grain bread with honey. Plates such as spaghetti Bolognese (carbohydrates and protein) for dinner, on the other hand, are exclude from the menu.
Food combining table: what can be eaten?
According to the food combination table, the following foods are permitte:
- full bloom
- Brown rice
- honey, raw sugar
- cold-pressed linseed, olive and wheat germ oil
- Meat, fish, milk, cheese, eggs
- (dried fruit
Which foods should be avoid when combining food?
However, the following is not recommend:
- white flour
- polished rice
- White sugar
- legumes (dried)
- hydrogenated fats
- end products
- Black tea, coffee, cocoa
- vinegar essence, pepper, mustard
That brings food separation
According to Hay, there is no scientific basis for the combination of foods. Today, nobody seriously denies that the digestive organs are good at breaking down and utilizing proteins and carbohydrates simultaneously. In any case, most foods contain both, starting with breast milk.
Overacidification of the organism is also not possible, as the acid-base balance in the body is kept in balance by buffer systems.
The positive: The Haysche combination diet can help you lose weight, as it recommends lots of fruit, vegetables and whole-grain products and limits meat consumption. Sufficient dietary fibre and micro and macronutrients are taken in, which is healthy overall.
In addition, if you want to lose weight, you have to be aware of your diet – thanks to the specifications for food combinations, such as the distinction between permitted, neutral and forbidden foods.
Risks of food combining
According to Hay, health risks are not to be fear with the food combining method. However, other combination concepts should not be use all the time.
According to the current national of knowledge, it is not clear whether a mainly base-rich diet stops the accumulation of acids in the connective tissue and can thus prevent civilization diseases. There is also no scientific evidence that dairy products stick together in the gut lining.
Food combining: conclusion
Combining foods is for people who like to follow the rules in a disciplined manner. There is no scientific justification for separating proteins and carbohydrates. However, losing weight by combining foods will not harm your health.
Also Read:- fiber thats why its so important