Although the first month of the year is coming to an end, many families prefer to enjoy their holidays at this time. If this is your case, then I will give you some recommendations that promote the health tips and well-being of children, and I will answer some of the most frequently asked questions that parents are asking this season. Enjoy the holidays with the children!
At The Time Of Packing
In addition to a lot of joy and the best attitude to live an unforgettable vacation with children, the essentials when packing for a trip with children are:
- Identical documents
- Affiliation to the health system and complementary medical insurance. Store everything in the document holder and save a PDF copy to your email
- Comfortable shoes for each member of the family. This guarantees greater comfort during outings and prevents the little ones from falling around the house.
- When choosing clothes for hot weather, give preference to cotton pieces, which are more sensitive to children’s skin, reduce the risk of irritation and prevent excessive sweating.
About Skin Care health tips
Taking care of the skin of our little ones usually generates doubts between parents and caregivers. Remember to use sunscreen for children older than six months, avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight and sunbathe between 10:00 and 14:00.
Prevention Of Accidents During Vacations With Children
The best way to avoid accidents is to be very attentive to the possible risks that exist depending on the age of the children:
- In general, try to create a safe place in your home where the little ones can play freely without the risk of bumping, tripping or falling.
- Avoid leaving within reach any medication or substance that poses a risk of intoxication in case of ingestion or inhalation.
- Prevent your children from having free access to balconies, roof terraces and stairs.
- Seal or cover electrical connections. This tip always works, not just for the holiday season.
- Never let them handle gunpowder.
- Accompany your children in the pool and the sea.
And The Routines On Vacation?
During the holidays, family dynamics change and routines are no exception. Make sure that meals are a pleasant time for family gatherings, avoid the excessive use of screens and encourage spaces that allow the interaction of all family members, creating spaces that transmit joy and well-being.
While it is true that schedules change during the holidays, this prevents children from skipping meals during the day. Please take advantage of the school holidays so that your children learn new skills that will keep them entertained and improve their physical condition. For example, learn to skate, ride a bike, ride a skateboard, dance and much more. Not only does this keep them more active, but it can also reduce their screen time.